Since "The Red Prison" is coded in Python, I should be able to run it on Linux, but the release is a bit cluttered..
The Red Prison
A downloadable game for Windows
The Red Prison is a roguelike based on the OGL-content of the SRD for 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. The Basic Rules is (largely) a stripped back version of those rules and this game takes a similar approach.
The game mostly follows those rules faithfully and they are included with the download. Development is still in its early stages and at this stage any available builds are playable but unstable.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Dynamic dungeons with environmental traps, more powerful rogues and more13 hours ago
- New version with wands, rings, potions and artifact weapons and armour14 days ago
- Six new races added56 days ago
- New version released with two-weapon fighting59 days ago
- Reach weapons, all new encounter system and other changes62 days ago
- New monsters, map segments, improved graphics and user interface71 days ago
- New version with new spells, animations and updated graphicsMay 03, 2019
- The Red Prison now has magic and other animationsApr 26, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I’m not sure what you mean, I don’t and never have used Linux. I’m told that it works in Wine but I don’t know much about it to be honest.
Wine is sufficient, it's just a lot of overhead for my (rather sad) chromebook. D: I suppose you could just chalk up "Linux" as a feature request.
What I meant by "cluttered" is all of the dll files and the libraries.zip with Python bytecode (I presume). The dll files are for Windows (obv), but I'm not sure what the zip file is for.
In any case, I'm enjoying your work, though the ASCII toggle doesn't appear to be working. =(
Found an exploit. If you knock a creature out (instead of killing it), you get XP for it. If it later wakes up, you can knock it out again and get the same XP for it again.